close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Working methodically - checkout.php - problems all over the place with it.

Thread began 4/04/2014 6:47 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 4/25/2014 11:51 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | 20915 views | 30 replies

Nathon Jones Web Design

I did close the browser, completely, and resubmitted.

What does all of this mean Jason? We have a form on our customer service page that, somehow, is being dragged into our purchasing process yet you seem clear that this won't be affecting the error that's being produced even though that error contains all of the form data.

We therefore, considering all of the other problems that we've experienced with eCart recently, can't help but feel that this IS causing a problem particularly considering that you initially pointed at the API credentials being at fault, only for the error to re-occur once we'd requested, and applied, new API credentials.

I'd really like some assistance with this because it is has been 14 days of sheer frustration with eCart doing all kinds of unusual things which neither yourself or Ray could explain, and we still can't get the payment processing part to function!

Our client is becoming very irrate, and rightly so, and we can't offer any explanation other than our software isn't working correctly.

I'd really appreciate your further assistance.
Thank you.
NJ

EDIT:

Here's what PayPal have said about API Error Code 10002 (please note the section entitled Notes which states..." it can be due to the configuration of your vendor.")....

10002 "Authentication/Authorization Failed - You do not have permission to make this API call"

This error occurs because you need to set your permissions in your PayPal account. In order for a third party to make API calls on your behalf, you have to explicitly grant them permission to do so.

To give a third party permission to make API calls on your behalf:

Click here

===========
Notes
============

If you have done this and the error still is happening, it can be due to the configuration of your vendor. Your vendor would need to know the Primary Email Address on the PayPal account they are making the Third Party API call for. Just like you had to add their API user ID to your PayPal account, they need to add your Primary Email address to the API script making the API call on your behalf.
If you are not using a vendor and making third party API calls and you are getting this error, it can be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- API information is incorrect. Click here for Signature and click here for certificate.
- You are passing a value in the subject, this should be blank if you are not making an API call on behalf of another person.

You can find the API error description, along with other API errors, at the following URL:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_errorcodes

I have double checked the API credentials, deleted them and requested new ones, installed those after first triple checking they are ok....where do we go from here?

UPDATE FROM PAYPAL SUPPORT IMPLICATING ECART....

Nathon,

Based on your response:

{ ["url"]= string(30) "https://api-3t.paypal.com/2.0/" it has this in it which is our LIVE site URL. If you are using Sandbox Account credentials, this will cause security header invalid. Live API credentials only work on live, while Sandbox API credentials only work with the Sandbox.

"We do have our live credentials listed in there too, but when we receive the error it clearly lists the Sandbox credentials"

Can you switch your shopping cart to Test mode or Sandbox mode? I'm not sure what the cart labels it as, but we need to have it sending to the Sandbox URL endpoint if you are using Sandbox API credentials.

Sincerely,
Larry

So, after all this faffing about, it, again, is a fault with eCart.
That is three bugs now with eCart on this one project and I, personally, am disappointed with it all. I have, literally, been up past 1am every night for almost two weeks trying to resolve this. End of my tether with it all.

Hoping that you can help.
Regards
NJ

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...