The search does not work
I used the dataAssist Search Wizard, and get a field to enter a keyword and a submit button. When I enter a keyword in the browser and hit submit, nothing happens. Not even a no results message. I tried the wizard over and over again, but always had the same results. Could anyone help me as to what I am doing wrong?
These are the steps:
- Open the Wizard
- Recordset and database type are preselected. So I click next.
- Step 2 I first locate the existing search page, "New form" labeled "form1" is preselected.
- I choose the editable region
- Step 3 I hit "add", choose "advanced text search", separator "and" is preselected and cannot be changed.
- Next I choose the columns itemNo itemName codeNumber
- New form is preselected, I can't choose existing form field, I enter form2 and hit next.
- I hit next again to confirm step 3
- The summary looks like this:
Using Page: search1.php
Creating Form: form1
Creating form element: form2
In Editable Region: content
Applying to Recordset: Recordset1
Advanced Text Search in ProductID from form2
I hit finisch.
I then save the page and try it in a browser, and nothing happens.
"action" in the form tag redirects to the search page.