Thanks, Jason, here are the steps I am taking to update my logo without success:
1) Make the "Soft" theme my current theme.
2) Click on the "Customize" button.
3) Click on the "Images" tab.
4) Click on the Image path folder icon.
5) In the pop-up window, select my previously uploaded logo and click "OK." --> My logo then shows in the template.
6) Click the "Save" button.
7) Enter my custom them name and click "Save."
8) Now I'm back at the Design > Theme edit page, I click on "View Store," and the default template logo appears.
No matter what I do, I cannot get my logo to populate the template default logo.