I deleted .dat file. I reinstalled DB. I redid the FAQ form. I reupped the forms css which had changed. The coeditor php5.php, 4 etc. still has same date so they didn't update. Update form is still doing the odd symbol.
So if I do the harder method of downloading from ckeditor site, will that fix future attempts or just this one time situation. It is also happening on a site I completed last week so it won't be just one site I'll need to replace if that is what is going to fix it.
What are your thoughts of deleting the entire webassist folder and redoing the forms. Since I did have the last 1.1.4 version, that doesn't seem logical though.