Price not displaying Decimals (cents) in cart, and a couple other questions.
To test Paypal (according to their suggestions) I have some products in my database with prices of $0.01, 0.05 and a few more under a dollar. When I go to the Cart page, the prices are all showing as ".00" - no leading decimal. The DB datatype is decimal and the price displays correctly on the product page. I tried to format as a number as I found in another post, but that didn't work. All of the other product details are correct. . How do I fix this?
Also, I would like to understand a little more about the workflow, which will help i the future - I an imagine I will have more questions.
1. The Add to Cart Button does not direct to the Cart page so the shopper may add more products. Is there any way to show a message that the item was added? Perhaps just showing the number of items curren't in the cart.
2. When is the 'order" actually created in the DB? I would like to check the tables to see how they are being updating as I progress through each step/
3. If I just wanted to start over from scratch, how do I delete the DB tables the eCart created. PhpMyAdmin is not letting me do this.
4. It looks like the confirmation emails are generated from the confirm page, after the Paypal transaction is complete ad it redirects back. Is that correct? Is it difficult to replace the built in email confirmation with Universal Email to give me more control over the style of the email?
5. And finally, if I wanted to create user accounts to attach orders to, where would be the best place in the process to insert a Login or Create Account function? I would probably use the WA site as a model for this, I'm just afraid that if they had to create an account with email activation, the order itself could get lost in the process.
Thank you always for your excellent support. The initial question is the most important, feel free to point me to tutorials or other references for the others. I'm using eCart five with DW CC.