When I do that I get the unidentified error. I have done this process before and obviously don't remember how I set it up correctly...
Server Name: Remote
Connect Using: FTP
FTP Address: Iv'e tried the IP and the actual URL
Root Dir: / as well as /public_html/
Web Url: actual site url, IP,
I test any combination and it connects but then connection is messed up. Also I deleted the connections and _mmServerScripts folder everywhere and they aren't being recreated.
I also tried going to the file in the _mmServerScripts and got this:
"The files from the _mmServerScripts folder are for the server model PHP-MySQL. You try to connect to a database using a different server model . Please remove this folder outside the Dreamweaver environment on both local and testing machines and try again.\n"
If I delete the folder, it isn't recreated. And I used the file taken from my dreamweaver CC connections folder (at that long path on my local machine) and updated the .js like instructed earlier.