View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Extension Library

Thread began 9/01/2009 1:33 am by tom92909 | Last modified 1/08/2010 1:21 pm by tom92909 | 12270 views | 131 replies

jciol2009

You haven't gotten the point

I know it is easier to look at the next guy who purchases and be jealous that his/her benefit from this program might be greater than yours, but think about it and realize that this program is either beneficial for you too, or has no impact on your purchase.  

Whether my full license is impacted by this subscription model is NOT the point. The point is that you should give full license owners (especially those who've purchased your products in the last 12 months) better "reward" for purchasing full license (instead of waiting around looking for getting stuff cheaper) by giving them deeper discount on subscription fee in addition to setup fee waiver. Quite frankly I don't mind paying monthly fee for updates and even to obtain the extensions I don't own yet. I just think you guys are not honoring existing customers who did step up and bought your products at the full price. As far as I'm concerned you are basically saying, "it's your fault that you didn't wait around for subscription which is FAR cheaper. Don't like it? Well, TOUGH." As Troy says, slap in our face, really.

You say setup fee would prevent people from just subscribing for short term, but even with the setup fee it's still FAR cheaper than the amount I've spent in the last 12 months.

Seriously, how would YOU feel if you bit the bullet and bought Super Suite at $899 and then two weeks later you find out that the same amount of money could've lasted you for almost 39 months of the same thing? The $899 license will surely need some major upgrades in far less than 39 months, and in that case you will spend even more. All that simply because you had a bad luck?

Again, development costs money, and I don't mind paying monthly fee to keep my extensions updated. I just think the current pricing model is unfair to those who own extensions, especially those who've purchased the vast majority of them in the last 12 months. I don't understand why you don't understand it really is slap in our face.

================
(Update)
They listened, indeed. WebAssist has been doing a great job patiently listening to us, and I am pleased to report that they have resolved my case in satisfactory manner. I now consider this peacefully resolved. Thank you Ray for being patient with our complaints.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...