close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Dreamweaver CS6 and form builder

Thread began 5/17/2012 7:47 pm by Dave W | Last modified 7/03/2012 4:12 pm by Dave W | 5336 views | 19 replies

ijs174940Beta Tester

Thanks, but no thanks.

I refuse to be forced into purchasing products which contain extensions I no intention of using. I have been a customer of WA for over 8 years I have spent over $1300 in that time not to mention the support tickets with Ray but the direction the company has taken smacks of pure profiteering. I understand any company need to make a profit as do I but there has to be a balance in providing value for money this is vital for customer retention, me as a customer do not feel valued.

Now there will be people on here jumping up and down saying WA are great they do this, that and the other, that's fine each to their own but as a developer who does not need simple extensions why are you forcing me to get them so I can use the few I do?

The stock answer is the simplicity in installing with one serial No., no hassle with the installation order & improved compatibility, but hang on why would a company make a product that does not fit in with its product line?

It’s like a company selling baths, showers and taps they work great on their own! But don't expect to fit them together and work as intended! Eh? Would it not been better customer service to make an something akin to an air app which linked to your account so you could tick which extensions you wanted to use and then install them in this order? This would allow individual extensions to be purchased, easily installed & updated.

Now I know this would involve additional work so costs would be incurred but I for one would not object paying for compatibility upgrades, as you have mentioned extensions are designed for the version currently in circulation so additional work would be require to bring existing extensions up to spec but why force developers to purchase extensions they do not want or need? This is the part that turns me off any further investment in WA software, but then again if your bottom line is improving why bother!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...