I liked the way ADDT was handling database driven forms: There was always a connection from the form to the database fields. After creating a form it was easily possible to add more fields to the form later. There was a button to edit the form, choose new fields, click ok finished! None of the other code of the page has been deleted or changed. Also the database driven forms created only one form/page for duplicate, insert, update and delete!
With WA I have to reapply the form if the customers wants for example two more fields. As I sometimes use german translations, I have to reapply all the translations and work throught insert, update and detail form again. Also date fields with all the translation files has to be reapplied.
It takes me 30 Minutes to create a complicated form in ADDT and 3 hours in WA to do more or less the same.
Speeding up the process win WA would be with the following WA changes:
- Add a master translation file with all the basic error messages like "Please enter a value" (edit via the main preferences)
- create only one form, containing duplicate, insert, update and delete functionality
- bind edit funtionalities to the DataAssist form creation to easily update the form not to recreate everything
- Add formbuilder compatible code for the form action (see my other post)
- Add check box and list value entering into the tool (see my other post)
- Add a cancel button!!