View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

User Registration Solution Pack

Thread began 8/14/2009 9:01 am by michaelf0199272 | Last modified 8/28/2009 6:50 am by michaelf0199272 | 3219 views | 10 replies

Captcha Issue

Eric -- I am finding out that the way my user registration solution is set up -- Registrants will never get to use the users_Registration.php , this is because when they register -- they use the users_Registration_Simple.php which does not have to display the captcha. They then get a email in their inbox asking them to verify their email. When they verified their email, and they login again the users_Profile.php is what they will get. Since neither the users_Profile.php nor the users_Registration_Simple.php contain the captcha -- it means the use will never have to go through the security measure that captcha is trying to provide.

This is what I will like to do to ensure that I am not getting bogus registrants. I will like that either:

1) when the registrants verifies his\her email, and re-login, the registrant is redirected to users_Registration.php where he can now complete his registration as it is now -- when the registrant re-login upon email verification he\she is directed to users_Profile.php , which does not contain captcha.

2) I will like such that I can modify the users_Registration_Simple.php to include captcha.

Q1: How do I achieve either of the two stated goal with the least pain?

Many thanks in Advance

I really need this to be addressed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Ease of use

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...