Thank you for your reply. I tried this and it still does not work. I am still receiving No record found after inserting. I also looked at some other sites created with DataAssist and they show $_SESSION[$WA_sessionName] = mysql_insert_id(); with no adjustment needed. I don't mind altering the code to see if it works but I would prefer the DA Wizard to work correctly.
Further testing showed that this problem happens only when I choose to apply a template. In testing I found a session_destroy() that was not needed so by removing it the problem seems to be fixed. Thank you for taking the time to suggest a solution. Looks like this issue is now resolved.