close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Manage Options

Thread began 8/21/2012 7:15 pm by edr441698 | Last modified 8/23/2012 9:12 pm by edr441698 | 921 views | 10 replies

edr441698

Thank you Ray for proving my point

Two more private ticket postings followed: a reply from Ray and my reply to him (which is just as much for Jason's benefit if he cares to learn:

"Posted By: ray@webassist.com (Ray Borduin) Message 5 in Log
Date: 08/24/2012 12:16 am No Attachments
Title: RE: Manage Options

He opened two tickets for you. I think we have the first one resolved.

We updated the root domain as you requested.

We looked into why it redirected and it redirects on forms with secure data when you don't have a valid SSL certificate installed.

We updated the system to go back to the custom domain after the secure forms are completed.

I closed the ticket after reading your comments because it appeared you didn't really want a ticket opened in the first place and were complaining about it.

I can leave it open. Do you want one of our engineers to call you to discuss your issues? That won't be a problem.

Please post a phone number and a good time to call and we can give you a ring at your convenience.

Posted By: edr441698 Message 6 in Log
Date: 08/24/2012 12:59 am No Attachments
Title: RE: Manage Options

Wow. Now you are not even commenting on the correct support ticket. What a giant mess of organizational management and training Dreamhost/CC must be! You have just unknowingly PROVEN my entire argument with Jason on the forums for why well managed companies separate out EVERY issue into separate "tickets" and isolate those streams so that there is no cross confusion/contamination that easily happens when multiple bugs, let alone bugs plus suggestions, are grouped together.

But even then, separate tickets are indeed pointless if the operating procedures, tracking software, training, management etc. in place does not work.

Buddy, This is the MANAGE OPTIONS support ticket, and you are commenting on a COMPLETELY different topic/ticket which had to do with In-consistent Domain Names and SSL Certs (which confusion was also 100% DreamHost/CC's fault - feel free to get the month's worth of email threads regarding that from the jokers over there that also gave me misinformation.")

Your comment's about that SEPARATE TICKET has NO BUSINESS migrating into and polluting this one. That's QA 101.

I am now wasting, ONCE AGAIN, vast amounts of my time explaining things that my 12 year old would get the 1st time.

The lesson for me here appears to be that I will always be at great risk of accomplishing nothing and having my time stolen when dealing with "support."

Regarding this "ticket", the bottom line here is the ONLY one who has helped ANYONE with this Manage Options Ticket is ME. You are welcome. I found two MAJOR LEAGUE BUGS. I GAVE YOU and the forum a temporary SOLUTION to avoid the BUGS (with no help from CC.) And I pointed out two glaringly obvious features that would take your software from being a freaking-pain-in-the-ass-time-killing-machine to something actually usable by stores with lots of products (multiple deletes) and stores with lots of Variations (let the computer do simple math and enter the results!)

You are right in one respect though. THIS ticket is indeed closed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...