close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Tutorial for AJAX Sortable Rows with Data Assist

Thread began 1/21/2010 3:46 am by anonymous | Last modified 5/29/2015 7:07 pm by anonymous | 23038 views | 82 replies

neo314

Dan, I share your frustration. I thought that was discussed quite a bit and I expected it to be included.

Sades, I would have to see your code, but it looks like you have a couple of problems that may be common (Specify the javascript location, and you can specify the file the page posts too when you create the object, HOWEVER...

There were more changes than that. The page was entirely wrapped in the form and the structure of the form changed dramatically. I have updated the code, but I have not posted the new code yet because I have been busy and I was more focused on WHY WAS THIS FEATURE NOT INCLUDED.

I will try and get the working code I have posted shortly.

I would encourage everyone to not only suggest to WA that this feature be included, but also to suggest that some of this, IMHO, is going in the wrong direction. Two points:

1. Including Spry, which is dead, it should have been released with jQuery. They said they are going to, but this is way behind the curve.
  2. The code spit out by the wizards is getting too complicated. Look how deep the element tree is on the pages that are generated. The advantage that WA had was clean code that was easy to manipulate. Now it is harder and harder to modify the forms as they are generated. The form wizards are great for some purposes, but they are limited, not always reliable, and slow for other purposes. The default forms generated by the DA wizards should be simple so they are easier to work with and modify after they are generated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...