close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Menu headings not appearing

Thread began 6/13/2012 2:24 pm by balexander389215 | Last modified 6/15/2012 11:02 am by balexander389215 | 2327 views | 3 replies

balexander389215

Sorry I meant Sculptor, I assume you knew that.

I tried, I really tried, and I'm not dumb, contrary to the way your products make me feel. I did try to create my design, in the Nautical color style that the customer wanted. As you suggested it I used CSS sculptor to create a page design. It took me several tries before I think I finally got it to work, I think. But then I tried to create my site, boy what a mess that was. I kept trying and deleting everything and starting over. Defining the menu structure kept crashing just as I was about to finish. I finally figured out that you have to click finish to save what you have when you are part way through the set up then go back and complete the rest. It took me 4 attempts to figure that out. But when I tried to set up the site using the design I created with CSS sculptor it refused and simply created the site in the ugly looking color scheme that is the default. I decided to stay with that and just try to change the colors but you can't preview and of the pages because as soon as you try to look at them it brings up the wizard and requires you to upload them. What a complete mess this program is.

I have no idea why you decided to kill the only program you have to create sites that actually works. It's easy to use, fairly intuitive and allows me to work on and edit pages without requiring I first upload them and run a wizard. With Site Builder I could output several design styles and color schemes to the browser and click through them to let my customer pick the style and color scheme they liked best. I can't do that any more with Sculptor. And I hate the idea that I now have to upload the pages and run the wizard before I can do basic design editing to them. I wasted two days trying to make this work and now I have to go and recode this whole site by hand.

You ask for ratings on the Dreamweaver site. Don't let me anywhere near that right now. I need a week to cool off first.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...