close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

voting on facebook competition

Thread began 5/31/2012 2:12 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 6/03/2012 5:06 pm by Christopher West | 1672 views | 32 replies

elevy388997Beta Tester

If you want contests to be viewed more "fair" I would suggest having a batch of websites showcased each week, with the highest 2 or so from each round moving on and ultimately making it to the facebook style poll.

Problem is with 200 entries, at 20 showcases a week, that is 10 weeks, then another week for the final winner... just takes too long.

I agree it would be too hard to navigate through each website, judge its' layout, features, graphics etc, and do this for 50 websites in a week (which would make the contest about a month long instead of 3 months).

I do like the contests as there aren't too many examples in the Customer Gallery and I tend to get locked in a certain layout style for a bit. Viewing websites made with the exact extensions I have, gives me many ideas for creative websites.

Maybe you could include a section in our accounts for uploading websites created. There could be a section for uploading a few images, short description, the url and what extensions were used. Then on the main website an area can be designated to pull a random finished site from a random users account. Anyone who sees it will get a preview of the site, what extensions were used, the short description but could click on it to go to the actual site. Then maybe it also opens up the users profile and goes to that finished website page and other users see a rate and comments section. Click on number of stars from 1 to 5, and provide a sentence or two of what could be improved or what was liked.

Top rated sites each year get pooled into a big contest. This way it is purely user rated votes, as long as there is enough traffic that will actually want to rate websites here and there. Just spitting out some ideas!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...