close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Extension install tips

Thread began 12/06/2011 9:37 am by Jason Byrnes | Last modified 12/08/2014 12:53 pm by Jason Byrnes | 9206 views | 31 replies

Jason Kline

Hi Jason,
I was working with eCart 5.0.3 to create the checkout pages for a donation project I’m working on. I went through the wizard and at the end I clicked the "Finish" button and none of the checkout pages were created. This left me a little puzzled. I immediately check the download’s section in my account to see if there are any issues regarding what I am experiencing. I see there is an update for eCart (5.0.4) but it doesn’t address my issue according to the release notes. I still want to update eCart to the latest version of course, but I am in the same boat with most others. The download’s section does not have documentation on how to upgrade. I search and found this thread which does not help me because extensions are constantly being updated and integrated with other extensions. This integration of extensions is good but it makes it an installation nightmare for the person installing the extension. I've provided a screenshot of the extensions I have installed.

Can you guide me on how these extensions should be install in the correct order?

I had always removed all extensions and installed from the first extension in the list on my download’s page to the last extension. Along the install process I would receive messages about over writing existing files for which I assume I should do.

It would be nice to have one install extension that can be downloaded from the download’s section. If you could choose what extensions was to be installed and some script or backend application would add it to the install extension file. When you run the install extension file in Dreamweaver it could install the extensions in order and have it not ask any confusing questions about over writing.

I know this is not software that could have all extensions within it, and then install the extensions in order based on what was purchased. Maybe or Maybe Not

It would also be nice to get rid of entering serial numbers for each extension. You would think that if the extension has to connect out on the internet to authenticate each serial number, it should be able to request what all products are authorized just one time.

Thanks,
Jason

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...