close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

DataAssist Pages Wizard Fails

Thread began 5/02/2012 7:15 pm by neo314 | Last modified 5/06/2012 10:46 pm by neo314 | 1152 views | 13 replies

neo314

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  The first issue I believe is due to having a page open that you are editing. I think I can probably add code to detect that case and account for it.  

The old DataAssist did, and the extension forces you to have a page open so...

Appending the table name to the joins shouldn't take very long either, so we can make sure to get that done.  

It is a bit more complicated than that. You need to add aliases for the fields. I was getting a duplicate of "label" because the lookup table has only two columns:val and label. The join was trying to get the "label" field of the lookup table against the main table's "allowComment" field to the lookup table field "val" and the main table's "closeComments" field to the same lookup table field "val". Soooo you need an alias for the working fields because you get "label" twice, and an alias for the second use of the lookup table.

Adding code to center and not repeat the buttons will be no problem.  

We'll be able to update the form IDs to be unique. We never use the names to refer to the forms in the .css so it is just a matter of adding a unique name.  

Please try and keep them simple and generic if possible.

We'll have to try using multiple select lists joined from the same table. I'm still not sure what issues that causes, but we can look into it.  

See my comment above about adding the table name to the joins.

And we can add code to either clear out the join data when the field type is changed or add code to ignore it when the field type isn't a list or menu.  

Awesome.

We appreciate the feedback and bug reports. We will work hard to get them fixed as quickly as possible.  

My pleasure. It is a lot of bugs, but I realize it is also a big extension.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...