We have stuck with spry for validation simply because of the integration with Dreamweaver. We try to take advantage of what dreamweaver does and enhance it. I understand that Dreamweaver is moving toward jQuery, and so will we.
I don't know if it is more trust in adobe or intimidated by Adobe. They have the power and resources to put behind development of an impressive feature set for their Data Table. We want to take advantage of that if we can and not spend too much time re-inventing the wheel. They are planning on completing in a couple of months and not a couple of years, but I agree it will likely be delayed some.
I appreciate the feedback. We'll listen and re-consider whether waiting is the best strategy. We are hoping that by combining extensions like we are in the process of now we will be able to provide more regular updates and build on top of a single foundation which should help augment our ability to include new functionality in the future. Thanks to all for their help and support.