ok Ray, I wanted to tell you my test, I had deleted dreamweaver configuration folder, then unistalled all webassit products. installed ecart, framebuilder and databridge. I then deleted the webassist folders from my project folder so i would be forced to recreate them by double clicking the server behaviours in dreamweaver on my pages so far no crashes...until I came to do exactly what Ian had done, and it reapplying the search behaviour my dreamweaver crashes.
in addition when I installed all my plugins (from the order described above) when loading dreamweaver I got this error :
wa is not defined
filename: C:\Users\Christopher West\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\LayoutManager\shared.js
Not sure if this is somehow related.
Apart from that amazing value product :)