close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Shipping costs not working out as they should

Thread began 3/15/2012 5:52 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 4/02/2012 3:43 pm by Christopher West | 938 views | 13 replies

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hmm. sounds like a lot of unnecessary tables...the reason why i say that is currently the 2 different shipping costs that are in use all work fine. I think I have explained myself wrong with what I want....

currently the 2 shipping costs I have is:
a) Main products = £7.00
b) Vouchers = 99p

(the only calculation I need at the moment is, if vouchers are purchased with main products then the 99p is deducted (so rather then both vouchers and main products being purchased together at £7.99 - the cost of shipping would be £7.00 (since voucher shipping is free with main products) this all works perfectly....

however lets say, next year delivery costs are increased...so the client needs to increase the £7.00 shipping cost to lets say...£7.50). at the moment the value of the shipping cost is hard coded in the eCart object...what I would like to do is rather then type the value of 7.00 in the eCart object, to simply put in a reference of the record from the products table in the eCart object) this way at any time the Admin can login and change the value of the shipping cost.

(I didnt mean to suggest that each product would have a shipping cost which would then be added together).

Have I explained my intentions in a better way :)

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...