An ASP /SQL site will use the same basic concepts as a PHP / MySQL site. For example, passing querystring variables from page to page to tell the database what record should be used, or using session variables to determine which user is logged in.
You will need to create the database in MySQL for the site to use, but if you can do that in MS SQL, you will be able to create a MySQL database, Same concepts, just a different GUI.
Hi Jason, again thanks for the reply very helpful. I think I may indeed go with Dynamic Suite, have you any 'live' demo's of sites built with WA products so I could gain an insight into what's achievable, you don't have trial versions of the software do you? I need to convince the MD to spend the money so showing him something would really help?
Again could I finally check the below list as a basic could be achieved with the WA/Dreamweaver products without php knowledge?
- Create user authentication system, users see own data, admin sees everything?
- Build table display & data input/edit forms with data bound to logged in user only?
- Build search/results page again data bound to logged in user?
- Document upload option with documents bound to logged in user or by 'CaseID'. For example if user creates a sales case with CaseID 001, any documents uploaded while viewing this case will be attached to this case only?
- Email specified user if record is added to certain table?