close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Correct Workfow?

Thread began 8/25/2011 1:56 pm by chuck429411 | Last modified 12/16/2011 1:46 pm by chuck429411 | 7850 views | 105 replies

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the checkout button, you will need to edit the checkout button server behavior to point it to the checkout page. Go to the server behavios panel, and click on the checkout button server behavior to point it to the checkout page.

for the view cart button, you will need to edit the on click code to point to the cart page.

select the view cart button, then go to cosde view. th view cart button will have an onlick event:
onclick="MM_goToURL('plugins/parent','');"

add the name of your cart page:
onclick="MM_goToURL('plugins/parent','cart.php');"

You should upload your site to godaddy for testing the checkout procedure.

The differance between remote cehckout and local checkout is where the customer enteres credit card info.

using remote checkout, the customer enters the credit card information on the gateways site.

in a local checkout method, the customer i on your site when they enter credit card information, since the credit card information is entered on your site, you should use SSL When passing that information to the gateway.

I always recommend using Local Checkout over a remote checkout method. Local checkout has a little more overhead in monthly fees and SSL, but is easier to set up.

Your documentation also says:
"If your secure domain name is different to your regular domain name, you will need to follow these steps to make sure that when a customer makes a purchase through your site, they are transferred to the secure site automatically. This is accomplished by creating a new Checkout button on your checkout page that takes the customer to the secure site."

Is this going to apply to me? Based on the work you have done with me, what is my situation? I am using godaddy. I want to use the ssl we bought if possible.  

in some instances, the secure server may have a different domain name. For example:
mydomian.com

may be the address for your regular store, but:
Secure_server.mydomain.com

may be the address for the site using the SSL Certificate. In this case, the steps of adding SSL Transfer checkout button would apply to you.

if the domain stays the same, the it would not.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...