close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Tutorial for AJAX Sortable Rows with Data Assist

Thread began 1/21/2010 3:46 am by anonymous | Last modified 5/29/2015 7:07 pm by anonymous | 23028 views | 82 replies

neo314

Hi Dizzy.

Nice explanation. I keyed in on a relational table as in having a foreign key connection to the primary table as opposed to a many-to-many relationship. I don't use the WA behavior for this often because I find it often does not meet my needs and is not an easy to customize behavior. The extension would be much better if you could access the repeating value for other dynamic values like having a repeat region with an image id in the checkbox and a hidden value for something like sort_<?php echo $RepeatSelectionCounter_1; ?>, but I have not been able to get it to do that. The only indexed values I have been able to access of the master key and the "options table" key.

Can you expand a bit on what you are trying to accomplish. I see where your code could be helpful, but I'm not sure it is the same as what you are trying to do.

If you just want to display the images in the same order as the order of the selected check boxes, you can sort the subset of the relational table (get the images where page ID = x through the relational table) by the relational table's id. The inserts are done in the order the check boxes are submitted, so that would produce the same order without extra code. If the check boxes are updated later with earlier ones, you could use the same sort process as whatever value determines the order of the check boxes, to get the same thing.

If you have a sort field on your images, you can use that in a joined table recordset to get the images connected to a page to sort in the image sort order.

Where I see this being helpful is to get sort values into the many-to-many relational table so that you could open the page's images in a separate process (through the relational table), and resort the images for that page. The same images could appear in a different order on each page.

Is that what you are trying to do or am I missing something?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...