PCMS Remote Root
This was a total guess fix; but at this point it appears to have resolved the issue. I noted that within my database WA Settings, I removed the /SA1/ from the PCMS Remote Root, value field, so that it was just /public_html/. Then I tried removing the /public_html/ completely and the issue was still not resolved. After submitting my original post, I thought to try placing a "/" (no quotes) in the value field w/in the PCMS Remote Root. This appear to have worked.
If, however, anyone recognizes the above solution to be unstable or will cause additional navigation issues, please let me know.
Thanks - Les