to get the name to display you need to add the database coloumn to you recordset lets say it is called optionstable.optionsDescription. Add it to the rest.
1. So if you double click on your recordset in the bindings panel
2. Add the column in our sample optionstable.optionsDescription to display on your page.
3. Ensure that your tables are joined
4. test. If you test you should see the table field i.e. facebook, twitter in the results.
6. click ok
7. Look at your recordset in the bindings panel and you should see your new table field in our sample optionstable.optionsDescription.
8. You can then bind this to your page to display the name instead of the number.
LEFT JOIN companyindextable ON companytable.companyID=companyindextable.companyID
LEFT JOIN optionstable ON companyindextable.optionsID=optionstable.optionsID
Filtering a record depends on what page you are working on. It works on something called parameters. When you get this first part working I can walk you through setting up paremeters for option table.